Parents and carers are warmly invited into school for their child’s Parents’ Evening on the following dates:
Parents’ evening is a real opportunity for your child’s teachers to explain to you how your child is progressing and is also an opportunity for you to ask the teachers the questions you want to know the answers to. Teachers will be available to discuss your child’s progress, and we encourage you to attend with your child.
These evenings will be run on an appointment basis and we expect each appointment to last 10 minutes. Appointment sheets will be passed to your child week before Parents’ Evening and your child will make teacher appointments on your behalf. If you feel that you require a longer meeting please arrange another meeting by emailing the class teacher. Children with SEN will be able to speak to members of staff from the SEN department including the SENCO and Speech and Language.
It is crucial that you contact your child’s tutor if you are unable to attend. We will make every effort to accommodate you at a mutually convenient time.
Preparation is key – draw up a list of questions in advance, and ask if there’s anything they’d like you to bring up. Here are some example questions you may want to ask your child’s teachers:
- How is my child progressing?
- What is the school doing to improve or maintain my child’s progress?
- What should I as a parent do to maintain or improve this progress?
- How does my child integrate with their peers? Are they happy?
- What are my child’s strengths?
- What is s/he finding difficult?
- What can we do at home to support him/her?
- What does my child enjoy?
- Does my child complete their homework?
- How do you reward good behaviour?
- Based on their past performance, what grade do you think my child could realistically achieve in this subject?
- Is my child able to study this subject at GCSE/A Level?