March 7, 2019 - 12:15 pm
March 7, 2019 - 3:30 pm
Each year, we hold a Careers Fair here at Barr’s Hill where a number of different organisations come into school to speak to you to offer help and advice.
You can speak to stallholders at the Careers Fair for the following reasons:
- to Sixth Form, Colleges and Universities to find out more about the courses they offer, entry requirements and student life;
- to Companies and Training Providers about the what is involved in the apprenticeships and training schemes they offer and how to apply;
- To industry-specific employers to find out more about the careers available within their sector and the qualifications and skills needed for each.
The Companies attending the Careers Fair have all given up their valuable time to come in to speak to you and offer help – so make the most of them!
You may be told that you have a specific time slot during Period 4 or 5 for attending the Careers Fair. If not, please make an effort to attend during your lunchtime and/or straight after school.
The kinds of questions you can ask are:
Sixth Form, Colleges, Training Providers, Universities
- What courses do you offer?
- What are the entry requirements?
- How are the courses structured?
- Where do different courses lead?
- What other skills or qualities do they look for in applicants?
- What can they offer to someone applying to them?
- What sorts of careers do they offer?
- What kind of person does their sector suit?
- What are the entry requirements into their sector?
- How did they personally come to work for their employer?
- What do they like about their career and what do they find difficult?
- Have they any advice they would offer to a secondary school student?
Please make the most of this opportunity – you will find you gain valuable information that will help you in your future plans.
If you have any Careers queries after this event, or at any other time, please email Ms Forbes, the School’s careers adviser, on email@example.com or visit her one break or lunchtime.