Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in Year 12
5th October 2020
We have been advised that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within Year 12.
We have carried out a full risk assessment and worked with Public Health to carefully and accurately identify all those who have been in close contact with the affected case, and have recommended that they stay at home and self-isolate until 14 days after their last contact.
Your child has not been identified as a close contact and therefore your child will not need to make any change to their usual routine, including school attendance.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
• A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back;
• A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual);
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything or things smell or taste different to normal.
If your child, or anyone in your household, develops these symptoms, your whole household must remain at home and not go to work, school or any public areas. You should arrange a test for the person who has developed symptoms and when the result is known, please contact our school to inform us of this. Testing can be arranged by calling 119 or via the NHS website: nhs.uk/coronavirus.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things we can all do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19:
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• wash your hands as soon as you get home
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at nhs.uk/coronavirus
Whilst the above information will no doubt be of concern to you, please rest assured that we have
taken and will continue to take every precaution we can to reduce risks, including a deep clean of
all areas of the school concerned. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to
Mr C Jupp