Barr’s Hill School was established in 1908 and although it has changed considerably in the last 112 years, our high expectations and academic curriculum remains the same. Through providing a quality education alongside a range of exceptional experiences throughout students’ Seven Year Journey with us, our central aim is to enable all of our students to Build Brighter Futures.

We recently celebrated our best ever GCSE results – some of the best in the West Midlands. Our students achieve academic success and we were placed in the top 2% nationally for progress.

As a smaller school, we place emphasis on getting to know our students and ensuring they feel happy and well supported throughout their time with us. The Seven Year Journey starts in ‘The Bridge’, a custom designed area just for them, with both social and teaching spaces and a specialist team of teachers who are experts in Year 7 learning and progress. The Bridge offers very high academic expectations with Latin and Classics on the curriculum. Timetables are personalised, the curriculum is carefully crafted curriculum and additional small group lessons are offered so that every student can make rapid progress. Parents can find out more about The Bridge here.

Our passionate, caring and driven staff work incredibly hard to ensure all our students are successful at each stage of their Seven Year Journey which culminates in Post-16 Select, our popular sixth form joint with President Kennedy School. Last year, 80% of our Post 16 students progressed to University, with the remaining 20% embarking upon high class apprenticeships or entering the world of work. Over a quarter went to top Russel Group Universities with our Oxbridge coaching programme very popular indeed.

Our Values are clear and lived by all our staff:

Student’s First – all staff, governors and parents focused upon the education of all our students.

It’s about learning – students, all staff, governors and parents focused upon developing and improving the learning of students.

No Barriers – no excuses, only support, to ensure students, all staff, governors and parents maximise the academic achievement of students whilst enabling them to develop and flourish as well rounded individuals.

We hope this website provides you with some useful information about our school. If you are considering an application for a place in Year 7, you can learn more about us and order a prospectus here. For all other enquiries or to find out more, please contact us via schooladmin@barrshill.coventry.sch.uk.

Whilst the Coronavirus Pandemic is making life challenging for all of us, our staff are working hard to ensure that our students continue to learn and develop. We will continue to update you with government advice and guidance relating to the Coronavirus. I am very proud of all the support we have been able to offer our families and how hard the staff have worked to make this possible.

I hope that you and your family keep safe and well, please do keep in contact with us and we will do our very best to help with anything we can.

Mr C. Jupp

Headteacher

Covid reminder for all parents – Friday 23rd October 2020

23rd October 2020   Dear Parent/Carers Click here to download PDF version of letter...

Free School Meals – letter for all parents

October 2020 Click here to download PDF version of this letter Dear Parent/Carer I...

Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in Year 12

5th October 2020 Click here to download PDF version of this letter Dear Parent/Carer...

Significant Change Consultation

Consultation on an increase in Capacity at Barr’s Hill School. This consultation invites you...

Admissions Policy Consultation

        To whom it may concern                                                                                                28 September 2020  ...

Letter to parents of Year 12 RE: Homeworking during study periods

22nd September 2020   Dear Parents/Carers, The recent national rise in COVID-19 cases has...

Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Information for parents and carers   

Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Information for parents and carers    Click here to download PDF version...

Social Media – Advice for Parents

Dear parents/carers,   Social media can be a very positive experience at times, when...
MORE NEWS  

Download prospectus

To access our prospectus please enter your details below.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.